When temperatures outside start to dip, maintain your indoor comfort with ComfortHeat™ Technology. Ordinary furnaces warm your home with full-speed hot-air blasts followed by idle periods, causing the temperature to drop before the next heating cycle.
Carrier’s exclusive ComfortHeat™ Technology is a smart technology, accurately predicting the need for heating while cutting temperature swings in half. ComfortHeat™ Technology provides a nearly continuous flow of warmth in low-capacity operation for a steadier, more consistent indoor temperature. Carrier’s patented technology monitors previous heating cycles and adjusts the low- and high-capacity operation based on your home’s heating needs.
Built nu the most trusted name in the industry, Carrier furnaces heat safely within your home. Carrier pioneered the following safety innovations:
- Hot surface ignition system eliminates the need for a pilot light, reducing gas usage and promoting worry-free operation.
- The control board constantly monitors the safety devices during heating operations. If a safety device activates for any reason, the furnace will cease operation and a status code will be displayed on the furnace control board, alerting you to any potential problems.
Annual Fuel Utilization Efficiency or AFUE is like gas mileage. The higher the gas mileage or AFUE rating, the more efficient the automobile or system is. While an ordinary furnace will consume 625 watts of electricity during heating operation, most Infinity™ 96 models use less than a 100-watt light bulb.
- As the world’s most energy-efficient furnace, the Infinity™ 96 has a rating of up to 96.6 AFUE, helping to reduce your utility costs by up to 36% over the year. Actual savings will depend on the efficiency of your current system compared to the efficiency of a new system.
- A model (58UVB) achieving 95.0 AFUE efficiencies is available in all sizes, this qualifying for the federal energy tax credit.
- As an Energy Star® partner, Carrier Corporation has determined that the Infinity™ 96 gas furnace meets the ENERGY STAR guidelines for energy efficiency.
Carrier specializes in creating a customized home comfort system tailored to your needs with our broad selection of residential heating and cooling products. We can help you choose the best system for your home including Carrier-exclusive features that further enhance your indoor environment.
- The revolutionary Infinity™ System is the only system in the industry that allows you to control temperature, humidity, air quality, fan speed, ventilation; and even detects when your air filter needs replacing. It’s so advanced it automatically adjusts to your system’s need for peak efficiency and performance.
- The Infinity™ 96 features SmartEvap™ which can keep unwanted humidity in your home to comfortably low levels.
- ComfortFan™ gives you even more control over your indoor comfort by allowing you to select your continuous fan speed at the Infinity™ Control.
- Bothered by that dry, “staticky” feeling in the winter or that muggy feeling in the summer? Add a Carrier humidifier and Infinity™ Control to your heating and cooling system. IdealHumidity™ controls your home’s humidity level even when the system isn’t actively heating or cooling.
Carrier furnaces are designed for quiet operation, keeping sound levels down to a whisper. The variable speed fan allows this system to operate in the lowest possible setting for 90% of the heating season. Not only does this feature help to minimize sound, but it also helps you save on your utility bills. And for what little sound a Carrier system does make, a sealed combustion system and insulated cabinet help to further isolate sound levels at its source. In fact, it takes almost 24 Infinity™ 96 furnaces operating at the same time to equal the sound produced by one standard 80% AFUE furnace.
The Carrier Infinity™ gas furnace is protected by a limited lifetime heat exchanger warranty and a five-year limited warranty on the entire unit. Extended warranties are also available.