Carrier Performance Series Heat Pump
Puron® refrigerant is environmentally sound and won’t deplete the ozone layer. Carrier introduced Puron® refrigerant a full six years ahead of the competition, paving the way for the future. The Clean Air Act of 1990 prohibits the production of HCFC-based air conditioners and heat pumps by 2010, and bans Freon® -22 production by 2020. As Freon® production reduces, its cost is predicted to increase.
Freon® -12 in the automotive industry increased by a whopping 800% in a short seven years! Ensure your cooling costs by investing in systems with Puron® refrigerant – environmentally sound, efficient and dependable refrigerant designed for the future. Carrier’s Performance™ Series heat pump with Puron® refrigerant delivers excellent reliability and proven performance.
Carrier specializes in creating a customized home comfort system tailored to your needs with our broad selection of residential heating and cooling products. We can help you choose the best system for your home including Carrier-exclusive features that further enhance your indoor environment.
- Bothered by that dry, “staticky” feeling in the winter or that muggy feeling in the summer? Add a Carrier humidifier and Infinity™ Control to your heating and cooling system. IdealHumidity™ controls your home’s humidity level even when the system isn’t actively heating or cooling.
- Carrier’s exclusive ComfortHeat™ Heat Pump System eliminates many issues associated with standard heat pump systems. This system utilizes a single-stage heat pump, variable speed fan coil, and multi-stage electric heating elements. The result is more consistent temperature, greater air circulation, and improved air quality. This system can deliver warmer air by up to 20 degrees while in heating mode.
Carrier has one of the most extensive product research and development facilities in the world. From initial design to final assembly, they monitor product quality throughout all phases of the process. Their exclusive 5-step, 100% run test ensures that every single unit they make exceeds industry expectations and meets the toughest standard of all – yours.
Neither rain nor hail nor golf or soccer balls can keep a Carrier system from doing its job – they’re built tough inside and out.
- WeatherArmor Ultra™ protection and galvanized steel cabinet protect against corrosion and keep your system looking its best for years.
- Louvered coil guard looks great and helps keep your system operating at its best by protecting your coil from rocks, sticks, lawn and sports equipment, and more.
- Baked-on powder paint evenly coats all exterior painted surfaces to provide superior rust and corrosion protection.
- Forward-swept fan blades maximize airflow for enhanced performance and sound reduction.
- Filter drier removes moisture and debris from the refrigerant to protect the compression and maintain top efficiency and performance.
- Carrier’s scroll compressor has the most trouble-free performance record of any compressor on the market today.
Because heat pumps provide both heating and cooling their efficiency is measured with two distinct ratings.
- While in the cooling mode, heat pumps receive a Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio or SEER number. SEER is like gas mileage. The higher the gas mileage or SEER, the more efficient the automobile or system is. Most new heat pumps rate between 13.0 and 19.0 SEER.
- While in the heating mode, heat pumps also receive a Heating Seasonal Performance Factor or HSPF rating. Again, the higher the number, the more efficiently the system works. Most new units have ratings between 7.7 and 9.0 HSPF.
As an ENERGY STAR® partner, Carrier Corporation has determined that the Performance™ Series heat pumps that achieve system combinations of 14.0 SEER, 8.2 HSPF and 11.5 EER or higher meet the ENERGY STAR® guidelines for energy efficiency.
Greater Operational Efficiency
Carrier’s Performance™ Series heat pumps are available with efficiency ratings of up to 16.0 SEER and 13.0 EER when cooling and up to 9.3 HSPF when heating. For every $100 spent to cool your home using a 10.0 SEER heat pump, a 16.0 SEER heat pump should cost you approximately $63. Actual savings will depend on the efficiency of your current system compared to the efficiency of a new system.
Operating cost estimate based on a 3-ton system
Carrier’s exclusive Silencer System II™ ensures extra-quiet operation by maximizing airflow and minimizing vibrations. With sound ratings as low as 68 DBA, the Performance™ Series heat pump is almost as quiet and unobtrusive as a kitchen refrigerator. And, because it sits outside your home, you’ll rarely, if ever hear it running inside.
The Carrier Performance™ Series heat pump is protected by a 10-year limited warranty on the compressor and a five-year limited warranty on the entire unit. Extended warranties are also available.