Air Conditioner Series
Puron® refrigerant is environmentally sound and won’t deplete the ozone layer. Carrier introduced Puron® refrigerant a full six years ahead of the competition, paving the way for the future. The Clean Air Act of 1990 prohibits the production of HCFC-based air conditioners and heat pumps by 2010 and bans Freon® -22 production by 2020.
As Freon® production reduces, its cost is predicted to increase. Freon® -12 in the automotive industry increased by a whopping 800% in a short seven years! Ensure your cooling costs by investing in systems with Puron® refrigerant – environmentally sound, efficient, and dependable refrigerant designed for the future. Carrier’s Infinity™ 17 air conditioner with Puron® refrigerant and two-stage technology delivers excellent efficiency, reliability, and proven performance.
Neither rain nor hail nor golf or soccer balls can keep a Carrier system from doing its job – they’re built tough inside and out.
- WeatherArmor Ultra™ protection and galvanized steel cabinet protect against corrosion and keep your system looking its best for years.
- Louvered coil guard looks great and helps keep your system operating at its best by protecting your coil from rocks, sticks, lawn and sports equipment and more.
- Baked-on powder paint evenly coats all exterior painted surfaces to provide superior rust and corrosion protection.
- Forward-swept fan blades maximize airflow for enhanced performance and sound reduction.
- Filter drier removes moisture and debris from the refrigerant to protect the compression and maintain top efficiency and performance.
- Carrier’s two-stage compression has the most trouble-free performance record of any compressor on the market today.
Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio or SEER is like gas mileage. A higher SEER rating means a more energy-efficient air conditioning system. As of mid-January of 2006, the U.S. Department of Energy requires home cooling systems to meet a minimum of 13.0 SEER. Carrier was one of the first leading air conditioner manufacturers to fully support this environmentally sound mandate.
- Carrier’s Infinity™ 17 air conditioner is available with efficiency ratings of up to 17.0 SEER – one of the highest SEER ratings offered.
- As an Energy Star® partner, Carrier Corporation has determined that the Infinity™ 17 air conditioners that achieve combinations of 14.0 SEER and 11.5 EER or higher meet Energy Star® guidelines for energy efficiency.
For every $100 spent to cool your home using a 10.0 SEER air conditioner, a 17.0 SEER air conditioner should cost you approximately $59. Actual savings will depend on the efficiency of your current system compared to the efficiency of a new system.
Operating cost estimate based on a 3-ton system
Carrier specializes in creating a customized home comfort system tailored to your needs with our broad selection of residential heating and cooling products. We can help you choose the best system for your home, including the Infinity™ 17 air conditioner with Puron® refrigerant and Carrier-exclusive features that further enhance your indoor environment.
- When combined with a variable speed furnace or fain coil and our exclusive Infinity™ Control, this air conditioner can be part of Carrier’s revolutionary Infinity™ System. It’s the only system in the industry that controls temperature, humidity, air quality, fan speed and ventilation with the added ability to detect when your air filter needs to be replaced.
- Two-stage cooling means longer cooling cycles to help eliminate hot spots and maintain a more even, consistent temperature throughout your home.
It’s like getting two air conditioners in one.
– Operates in low stage up to 80% of the time delivering more consistent temperature, enhanced air circulation and improved air quality while saving on utility costs.
– High stage operation delivers additional cooling as conditions require.
- Bothered by that dry, “staticky” feeling in the winter or that muggy feeling in the summer? IdealHumidity™ monitors and adjusts your home’s humidity level even when the system isn’t actively heating or cooling. To achieve Ideal Humidity in your home, add a Carrier humidifier, variable speed furnace or fain coil and Infinity™ Control to your system.
Carrier’s exclusive Silencer System II™ ensures extra-quiet operation by maximizing airflow and minimizing vibrations. With sound ratings as low as 72 dBA, the Infinity™ 17 air conditioner is as quiet and unobtrusive as a kitchen refrigerator. And, because it sits outside your home, you’ll rarely, if ever hear it running inside.
The Carrier Infinity™ 17 air conditioner is protected by a 10-year limited warranty on the compressor and a five-year limited warranty on the entire unit. Extended warranties are also available.